Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Journey into a Dream

Mumbai isn’t called a City of Dreams for nothing.  She has a way about herself as she goes around capturing and demanding attention.  A girl, who, throughout her life, has been carefully shielded and protected, may feel caged and restricted. It is a dream come true for such a girl, to come to Mumbai and behold all the temptations and dangers the city has to offer.

First of all, the endless freedom, the dizzying number of opportunities to choose from as the heart desires; at the end of it all, to come home intact, both physically and mentally is a celebration- worthy achievement if you ask me.

Just thinking about Mumbai makes me smile, whatever is the situation. All the drama, the craziness, the bitter fights and arguments, the crying, the making-up to friends, the endless hours of bitching, constant gossip! The expectations, surprises, mind-numbing shocks, the careful case-analysis (he he!), the resultant peals of laughter…all of this make it worth the two-years of my time in Mumbai.
Not to forget, the tiny to massive crushes, the adrenaline rushes, the dejection and disappointments, there’s just no end to these feelings. These were what helped build the greatest friendships one maybe envious of.
Here’s my tribute to those amazing friends I have had the misfortune (?) or pleasure to find!  Whichever is the case, I love you all to pieces.

A – You and I share a singularly crazy relation! The why’s of it you know already…. I hate you for your habits, but above all I love you for your %&#$-headedness and I certainly loved and will miss all our rude conversations and potty talks!

PAMPARS – You, I love to death!
A – My baby! I still hate what you did to your hair. I still remember not talking to you for two days. Ha ha! I’ll miss arguing with you over food and the fuckin’ delicious smell of the fav stuff that you eat! OH!  I sure as hell would miss all our personal tete-a-tete’s!

P – What can I say! I loved sharing the enormous apartment with you over the summer. He he! I’ll miss waking you up and yelling and fighting with you.  I’ll miss commenting on your ways even while appreciating them. There isn’t another person like you in the world!

M – Aaaah! You are one crazy biatch! I miss sharing our room with you! Fighting for little things, staying up late and watching crazy-shit movies. I hate and miss your romanticisms! I used to listen while you thought I’d fallen asleep. Hahaha! I love you to eternity!

P – My sexy-hot bitchni! A million kisses to you. You and I are marriage material. Work for a while and then we’ll both run away and get our romantic wedding. Done deal? I love you, hot stuff! And remember your promise!

R & A - Dyooodes! You two are the honestly amazing guys I have ever met! You are so fuckin’ sweet; it makes me want to die.  I am 100% sure that I won’t be meeting people like you in all of my natural life. I will miss our TBBT talks and comments on everything that reminds us of Sheldon. Hehe! I’ll miss our bike rides and fun we had together. I’ll miss eating egg rolls and every other food item that contains egg, with you. I miss 1302 and the terrace and every tiny moment that we have ever shared.  Love you guys…love you till madness overtakes the world!

N - You! You detest to be called h/s...yet you are, my beautiful girl! I'll miss our special hug. But I'd miss dancing with you the most. Keep rocking and miss me.
  
That’s all…until we meet next! Till then…hold on to a cascade of memories and hope to God that one of us gets married soon so we can all meet again.



Thank-you Mumbai for giving me such fuckin’ awesome friends!

For all the times that I said I despised the city, for all your flaws and shortcomings, dearest Mumbai, I shall always miss you.  Mumbai, you shall harbor a special place in my heart for all eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment